Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thinking back, while looking forward


There is something about this time of year that really excites me. Athletes are arriving in Coeur D' Alene for an awesome Ironman experience. That race holds a special place in my memory bank, as it was my first Ironman. I loved it! Man I was a youngin' back then. I was still living (and training) in MI. Law school was just an image on the horizon, and I hadn't even entered the 25-29 age group. Wowsers! I suffered my first bike crash on that course, but fractured rib and all I was going to get myself to that finish line to hear those precious words: "Caroline, you are an Ironman!"

So for those heading to Ironman CDA, I'm thinking of you and am so excited to follow you on race day. The course is beautiful, and the community provides amazing support! The whole environment is just awesome. Kate, Trevor and Jodi, GOOD LUCK! And to Marit...a special good luck to you, as soon you'll hear those precious words for the first time. Take it all in and enjoy the entire day! Go Get 'Em!!

Cheers.

No comments: