Friday, June 12, 2009

Up and over

This week is the last big push before starting to back off for Buffalo Springs. I'm pretty excited to race another half IM, as Oceanside seems like forever ago. However I wanted to keep the momentum going after the race last Sunday. I really didn't feel too fatigued, so was able to come back with a strong swim and easy ride on Monday. No rest for the weary, because I had 3 tough days ahead. Tuesdays's 10 x 1mile running repeats, Wednesday's long ride, and Thursday's tempo run. I got through these workouts, along with some secondary swim workouts.
I will no doubt remember this track workout when I run out of T2 in Lubbock in two weeks! If only I could hold that 6:15-6:20 pace from T2 to the finish line! Needless to say my legs were trashed. I felt fine (relatively speaking) during the run on Thursday, but shortly after I ran HARD into this:

Thursday also called for a masters swim workout. But as the day went on I could hardly conceive what good another workout would do. Instead I walked through the doors of Sculpt Fusion. Ahhhhhhhhh, much better. Crazy how a quick nap and yoga was able to restore some much needed energy and positivity! I broke through the wall and once again I felt so fortunate to have found Sculpt Fusion. This yoga studio is simply the best!
This morning I was back in action and hammering it out in the long course pool for our traditional "fast friday" workout. It was a quick rebound, and I'm ready for a solid weekend of training with my wonderful training buddy's!

No comments: