Thursday, October 1, 2009

Believe!

"The only things that stand between a person and what they want in life are the will to try, and the faith to believe it's possible" - Rick Devos

I will be racing in Kona because I believed I could. At one point it seemed far from obtainable...but I believed! The body can achieve what the mind can conceive. It also helps that I have a pretty awesome role model who proves this to me over and over: my brother.
This time last year the whole family planned to travel to Kona to watch me fulfill my Ironman dream. Turns out, Matthew (brother), had a dream of his own to fulfill. He is a professional sailor, with two America's Cup campaigns under his belt. Passion and Belief powered his athletic dreams towards reality!

Anyways, two weeks before Kona Matthew was hired up by the Dutch team for the Volvo Ocean Race. The race spans 9 months, starts in Alicante Spain and concludes in St Petersburg, Russia. Turns out both of us would begin our voyage on the same day (however he reminded me that even if I felt tired upon completion of my race, at least I'd crawl into a real bed that night).

The team's on board media guy captured photos and videos throughout the race. He put together this awesome video. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYwpX2cSIM

I'm so stoked to have the ultimate race sherpa accompanying me this year! Only a few days until Matthew and I head to Kona. I can't wait!!

No comments: