Friday, October 9, 2009

Race Ready!



Ready or not the 2009 Ironman World Championship is about to unfold! I happen to feel ready :) Today included a quick swim, bike, run. Then it was off to check in my bike, and gear bags. My baby is ready to roll!! Wind? Bring it! Heat? Ok, sounds good. This race is what it is because of the conditions and the competition. I'm sure tomorrow will not disappoint.
My bike was one of the first to arrive today, but tonight he'll sleep amongst some ridiculously fast machinery. He's so happy to be back in the mix again this year!

I was quite excited to check my bike and receive my Cervelo Kona t-shirt from the Cervelo crew. If you choose to race the best TT bike on the market you get a personal "Thank You" from the company. I love it!


Another thanks to everyone who is here, and home, following the race! It will be awesome to see so many familiar faces along the race course (both racing and supporting), and when I feel alone I'll think of everyone back home and race for that next timing mat!

Goodnight from Kona!

No comments: