Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The fog has lifted

I enjoyed my time away from triathlon. I took advantage of mornings without an alarm, time with family, going out with friends (since I could actually keep my eyes open past 9pm), and much R&R! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't itching to get back to training again. I was starting to feel bogged down, and am very ready to return to my eat healthy eating regime and cut some excess weight ASAP!

It's time to get back in the saddle, enjoy running through my favorite trails, and jump in the pool (at 6am instead of the glorious "club med" noon workout).
Yes, the fog has lifted!

Fog set in last night, but thankfully the sun was shining inland for my morning ride with Julie
Last week was my first full week back. I even opened my trainingpeaks.com account again. Oh, I missed that calendar view of 20+ hours of swim/bike/run. I got in a solid week of training last week, culminating with a 5 hour ride with great friends on Saturday (Time sure does fly when you get to hear about one friends honeymoon in New Zealand, and another's wedding in Mexico!).
This week marked the return of 6am workouts (I only relied on 2 of my 3 set alarms this morning to get up). I even feel tired and a bit achy today! Kind of sick, but I missed the feeling. The fog of the off season has lifted.... now I just need to figure out a race schedule! In the meantime, there's more training to enjoy tomorrow...

Make it a Great Day!

1 comment:

BreeWee said...

I am so excited to see you in real life, not blog land.... Im just getting back in the swing of things too, good luck with it all and HUGE hugs to you.