Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009...I'm READY!

It's officially 'the new year.' The days of sleeping in and not training every morning are over.

Since racing in Kona in early October I've enjoyed a great break.My bike(s) remained untouched, and the trips to the pool have been sparse (at best). But I used this time to try some new things, and change the weekly grind of swimming, biking and running. I added strength training with Marcus to my routine (www.ihatemytrainer.com) and even found a yoga studio I love (sculpt fushion yoga)...wait did I just say "love" and "yoga" in the same sentence!?!?!
More than the break from physical training was necessary. Ah yes, there is a much needed mental break!! Time to do what training I wanted, when I wanted...and not if I didn't want to :) I took time to appreciate all that went well in 2008. Did I really race in Kona?? Or was that a dream! That experience will not die in my mind any time soon! What an experience!

For the first time in several years I've been able to run during the off season. I'm still nursing a 14 month old injury, but we'll figure that one out soon enough! In the meantime I am working hard with my 'team' of caretakers to figure that out.
Since I can actually run, I will be doing the Carlsbad Half Marathon in 2 weeks.
My running isn't where it was at the end of the 2008 season, but this is a good way to measure where I'm at (with my running anyways).
So...let's get this party started. 2009 here I come!

No comments: