Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rewards

Towards the end of yesterdays ride I started thinking about the reward I wanted when I got home. Don't tell me you don't do it too. I made it to the top of Palomar without seriously bonking because of the calories I got in on the way up. Then I started thinking:
"If I climb another 500feet on this hill I'll burn enough calories to indulge in that extra treat." I got in that extra climb knowing exactly what those extra burned calories were for.
Then with 30mins to go I just wanted real food! "Why have a Gu now if instead I could have a small Golden Spoon tonight," I thought.
My reward for those few extra miles and one less Roctane Gu.


Today I returned to my ultimate favorite long run venue. I met Tatiana for a spirited run through the trails of glorious Rancho Sante Fe. It was my longest run of the year: 1:40. Slowly, but surely, those running legs are coming back. Now if I can just shed a few excess pounds I swear running will feel right again.

Enjoy your rewards!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

So funny. I am so with you.

Ocean Soul Yoga said...

Run, girl, run!! I should have more time later this week and weekend so, maybe we can finally catch up live.