Friday, August 28, 2009

Miles and Miles all to myself

More of the same today: Riding along one lake, running along another.


Then it was off to the farmers market for as much fresh, locally grown produce as we could carry.

This should get us through the weekend.

Then it was time to get in a little boating time before the clouds and rain set in for the weekend (racing is going to be freezing on Sunday :( ). Once we got out into the lake I dove off and swam right down the middle of Grand Traverse Bay (part of Lake Michigan). My parents were right there with the boat to keep other boats away. Thing is, the clouds were rolling in, so we got the lake to ourselves.




I had to get in a few cannon balls off the boat as well. Dad tried to snap a shot, but the camera was a little slow on the response. My splash was less than stellar!


Oh and while I was out running my bike mechanic was hard at work. Seriously, my bike hasn't been this clean since I bought it! Not only did he clean every mm of it, he waxed the frame too. Now that's some TLC! My legs still feel like bricks from the past few weeks of training, so I need all the help I can get on Sunday. Thanks Dad!

Oh and the forecast for Sunday. The lake will be churning (winds out of the west means lots of chop), and it is going to be approximately 48degrees for the start. It isn't suppose to get this cold here until at least the end of October. YUCK! Mom and Dad please have a large coffee and hot chocolate for me at the finish.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wow, I hope I can find fun places to train like that here in Ohio. It's so strange being somewhere totally new and not having a clue where to ride, good bike shops, etc. lots of fun research I guess. Bummer that it's been pouring here the last few days.

Good luck in the race tomorrow. You are going to kill it! Have fun!